Frames fused together with comb

Creat de richardwalter, Februarie 06, 2017, 02:05:45 PM

« precedentul - următorul »

richardwalter

Hello Guys,

I'm new to beekeeping and started a few weeks ago with a new package of bees. I spent hours online reading everything about getting started with beekeeping. I watched many videos on YouTube as well about installing the package of bees. The installation went relatively well. I checked the hive after 5 days from installing the package of bees and found that the queen was released from her box. Yeah!! I waited another 5 days to check to see if the queen was doing her thing and sure enough she was there well marked and laying eggs. I was not able to see the eggs but did see some larvae in the cells. There was honey and pollen in the cells as well. Now here is my concern. When I removed the empty queen cage I was so nervous and excited that I failed to close the frames tightly together. There are two frames in the center that the bees connected with comb. I'm not sure what to do. Being a new hive with no new bees I don't think it is a good idea to try to disconnect the two frames. Maybe if it was a fully establish hive? I'm sure this will be a problem later if I need to inspect the hive for super-sedure cells. What should I do? Leave it alone for now. What should I do later if anything? I've search many web sites including this one and didn't find anyone asking about this.

About Me:
I'm new in this forum, I am a consultant and have worked with multiple firms
You can check Examples of app promo videos one of my work.